Based in Tallahassee, FL
Nintendo Wii U
DescriptionA mysterious temple and a developing village have an ancient pact: a life for progress. Tributes are offered, but none survive: sacrifice guaranteed.
TEMPLE OF YOG is a roguelike adventure through procedurally generated dungeons that span two screens. Brave the dangerous depths of the Temple for the sake of progress. Discover the costs in this exclusive title for the Nintendo Wii U.
HistoryTEMPLE OF YOG explores the hubris of civilization and the myth of progress using roguelike conventions and unique gameplay elements achievable only on the Wii U console.
The player sends Tributes into the Temple to their inevitable demise. The roguelike staple of permadeath has meaning in this context. The player selects a Tribute that will always ascend to the Temple Zenith and return a lifeless body. Where this game breaks permadeath tradition is in the Village’s progress based on that Tribute’s death. As more sacrifices are made, more advancements to the Village occur, transforming it from a primitive backwater town to a futuristic acropolis.
The Temple is a human meat-grinder of progress and this game explores what it means to be complicit in that process.
TEMPLE OF YOG also employs the roguelike standard of procedural content generation and applies it to an experience possible only on the unique hardware of the Wii U console. The Temple interior shifts and changes from floor to floor. Strange geometries transport Tributes to impossible realms. The player is immersed in two worlds, one of Light on the TV, and one of Shadow on the GamePad. Tributes swap between these worlds where rooms, puzzles, and creatures manifest themselves differently: a butterfly in Light might be a hellbeast in Shadow, a wall in Light might be a door in Shadow. The player will have to use this unique gameplay to overcome challenges to offer up a worthy sacrifice.
The interplay between TV and GamePad and the procedural generation of those worlds highlight the uniqueness of the Wii U and what is possible with a second-screen gaming experience.
- Transcend the veil between the realms of light and shadow! Gameplay shifts between the TV and the Wii U GamePad as you guide tributes through two linked worlds on separate screens
- Choose your tribute! Multiple classes with unique skills and play styles
- Procedurally generated dungeons! The Temple depths twist and reshape themselves with each new sacrifice
- GREAT BOONS! Progress your primitive village to an advanced civilization
- MINOR BOONS! Upgrade your tributes’ stats and skills and unlock new features
- Brutal boss battles, dangerous encounters, and perplexing puzzles around every corner
- Original chiptunes by Dr. Zilog
TEMPLE OF YOG: The First Epoch | Nintendo eShop Trailer #1 YouTube
Sacrifice Teaser YouTube
Cleric Gameplay Footage YouTube
Warrior Gameplay Footage YouTube
SUPER DEMO TOUR MINIDOC YouTube
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection, Digital" IndieCade Festival 2015
- "Fan Favorite, Runner-Up" OrlandoIX 2015
- "Temple of Yog is a game about human sacrifice, it’s a tightly controlling roguelike temple crawler, and it just might be the sleeper hit of the fall for the Wii U eShop."
- Brady Hilgenberg, Nintendo Everything
- "Temple of Yog is an indie game that we have had our eye on"
- Shawn Long, Nintendo Enthusiast
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About CHUDCHUD industries
stuff I make: music, zines, applications, games
More information on CHUDCHUD industries, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Temple Of Yog Credits
Developer, CHUDCHUD Industries
Lead Artist, Adventuring Company
Composer, Pixel Glitch
Outreach Coordinator, One More Productions